Friday, May 4, 2007

Progressing in Bits and Pieces

I'm trying to get my strategy into a workable format that will work for me. I can add to it as I go along. I'm challenging myself to get a rough draft of the Pleistocene project out by the time the Oceanography class begins on May 15. This means that I'll be doing computer work next week - typing ideas to get a good start. I'm still working on the organization situation while I'm at it. Hopefully with a little luck and initiative I can get some preliminary sources read to get a feel for the overlying issues. What are the prevailing theories? Taking a critical analysis of the ones already established is one goal. Then doing some more technical background research on them to get more detail, will be in order. I am progressing - though from my point of view, at a snail's pace. One of the reasons why I prefer to work along via a class setting is for the prearranged deadlines - it 's a good structure to work with. However, I won't be able to do it that way forever - too expensive - and at some point I will have taken all possibly significant classes. So a workable strategy structure will be in order and I think I may have come across a design of my own making - an amalgamation of different steps - techniques - etc., that look like a good start. But I am not focussing on the strategy building any longer- because I want to get the real research underway. Since I'm still at the beginning stages of my work, I feel like I can work the strategy process out better - streamline it for organization, efficiency, and effectiveness. Yes, the Contract is going to be worked into it. Also, I figured that this strategy could conceivably work on different projects - not just scientific research, etc. That's something to think about for the future. I'll see if I can apply it to other areas as well. I am presenting myself with a challenge for the next several days - to get a rough draft together - even if it's merely based on preliminary sources. At least I'll have my basic ideas out on the drawing board in my own words and then I can just apply the more technical information to it as I go along - tweak the rough draft into a more finished format. But for this coming week - just the rough draft! Tallyho!

No comments: