Saturday, April 28, 2007

Organization and Other Issues

I got some workable articles to get a headstart on my project. Printed them out last night. I have to get my stuff organized - both my paperwork, resources, and home environment. Being in college classes makes little time for that. At least now I have a bit of reading material - and again some older articles. I'm registered for a couple evening classes for the summer - Physical Oceanography and Written Professional Communication - both ought to be quite useful. But, as I said they are night classes - so that I can take care of business in the daylight hours. I can work on organizing everything of importance, and do some resume work and hopefully over the next few weeks do some very serious job hunting - need income to pursue my research. Hopefully, something in a scientific based consulting company where I can put all my many years of science classes and my research capabilities to some good use. No more pittance paychecks neither - I swear some companies must be trying to hire volunteers for the tiny amount they're willing to pay. I have school loans and living expenses like other grown adults my age. I have nothing against volunteering - as a matter of fact I'll look into that myself at the museum to get my toe in the door, so to speak. If I cannot get a job there that pays sufficiently, then I can at least volunteer there a few hours a week. It might even help in my research. But first things first - income has to come first - then I'll do the museum work on weekends. Got some insight from a professional aquaintance yesterday regarding comps and dissertations - it was very enlightening. Now I know what I have to look forward to - it's good to be prepared! But more on that later.

No comments: